Separate one PDF page or a whole set into multiple PDF files online.
How to split PDF file?
Reasons to split PDF files
File splitting is something you’ll need at some point if you handle lots of documents. Below are some reasons why you might want to split PDF files.
- To Separate Sections – PDF splitting is necessary if you have a large PDF file you want to divide into subsections. You can also separate PDF pages to save important sections.
- To Convert PDF – If you need to convert a specific part of the PDF into another format, you can split it from the document to reduce conversion time.
- Better Sorting – You may run into scanned files that have information belonging to a different subject or section. You can split to remove the part and merge with the right file.
How to separate pages in PDF
You can split PDF files using offline applications which might be bulky and costly. If you need instant PDF splitting anywhere, anytime, online tools like 2PDF offer the best solution. Below are the steps required to split PDF online using 2PDF.
- Upload PDF – You can upload the PDF you want to split by dragging and dropping it on 2PDF or choosing one from your computer. Simply click on All Tools from the main menu and select Split PDF.
- Mark Split Points – Once your file is uploaded, place the dotted elements on the places you want to separate. You can split the document into two, three, four or more parts. You can also select a specific section in the file by placing dotted elements at the start and end of the section.
- Split PDF – To split the document, click on the red Split PDF button and wait for the process to run. When finished, the download button will become accessible and you can save the separated part as a different PDF file.
Benefits of using 2PDF Split tool
2PDF is one of the top solutions if you are looking for how to separate PDF pages online. Here are five top benefits of choosing the 2PDF processor.
- The PDF processor is free and online, so you can split files without installing an application or paying anything.
- 2PDF is the mobile-friendly tool you can use to split files on your Android or iOS smartphone. It is browser-based, so you don’t need to download an app.
- 2PDF allows you to merge/combine PDF and achieve various other processes, so you can reorganize, convert and manipulate the split file.
- The PDF splitter is reliable and provides high-quality outputs within a matter of seconds. You can also work with more than 100 file formats.
How does it work?
File splitters work in a simple fashion and don’t involve advanced scanning and analytic programs. Once the file is uploaded, the splitter will complete preprocessing after which you can set split lines. All you need to do is add the dotted element that tells the program where to cut. The splitter will then create a new PDF file with only the selected parts.
More 2PDF tools
If you are looking for how to separate pages in PDF, you’ll probably need to learn how to merge, extract, rotate, compress and OCR PDF files. 2PDF is a full suite of tools designed to help you make an easy task of processing a PDF file. Below are two tools you’ll need at some point.
- Merge PDF – Splitting files allows you to get specific sections of the document or separate it into smaller parts. On the other hand, merging combines two or more individual files to create one large PDF document.
- Compress PDF – If you are splitting files to have a smaller size or save space, compression is a better alternative. It simply retains all the information in the file but compresses the size.