Combine two and more PDFs files by using our online PDF merger.
How to merge PDF files?
Why merge PDF files?
If you are constantly working with scanned images and PDFs, you’ll need to combine two or more files at some point. Below are three reasons you may want to combine PDFs into one file.
- Easy Sorting – Having multiple PDF files means more work for you and sorting can become redundant. You can merge PDF files into one document for easy sorting.
- Tracking and Storage – Having one big file that contains all the PDF documents will save you the hassle of tracking each. You can browse all information from the same window.
- Different Inputs – You may have multiple files from different inputs, such as individually scanned documents and handwritten material, photographs and printed files. Merging allows you to organize them into one file.
How to combine PDFs into one
There are various ways to combine two PDFs into one file. You might need to install desktop software and buy a premium version, or simply use the free online service 2PDF. Here are the steps for merging PDF files using 2PDF.
- Select the Merge PDF Tool – 2PDF has many tools for converting, OCR, merging, splitting, password protecting, unlocking, and rotating PDFs. Simply click on All tools from the main menu at the top of the homepage and select Merge PDF.
- Upload Your Files – In the window that appears, you can choose files from your browser or drag and drop directly. Once your first file is uploaded, you can add more files that you want to combine with the first. You can sort and shuffle the files as you wish.
- Merge The Files – If everything is good to go, click on the red button to merge the PDFs. The process only takes a few seconds and allows you to download the merged file when finished.
Benefits of using 2PDF Merge service
2PDF offers a full suite of programs you can use to process various files. The merge service is particularly handy when you need to combine PDF files. Its benefits are listed below.
- Free – Unlike other expensive paid tools, 2PDF offers free file processors, so you can merge many PDF files without a fee.
- Online – You don’t need to download or install any app or extension. Simply open the 2PDF official site and select Merge PDF.
- Convenient – You can merge as many PDF files as you want at any time. All you need is a smartphone, tablet/iPad or computer.
- Swift Process – 2PDF merge service takes a few seconds at most. Of course, depending on the volume of files you want to merge.
What files can be merged?
Merging works best when you want to combine PDFs into a single file. However, there are more than 100 unique formats PDFs can work with. If your file isn’t supported for any reason, you can use 2PDF to convert it to a standard PDF version before you begin the merging process. You can merge various files, including JPG, PNG, Excel, Word, PPT, and more. Make sure you merge to PDF.
How many files can be merged?
Some tools have limits to how many files you can merge. 2PDF and premium tools certainly don’t have such limits. Once you add the first file, you can upload as many as you need to create your file. However, there’s a limit to the size you can download in a single file. This shouldn’t be a problem unless you decide to merge a decade-long archive (impractical). 2PDF can handle several files (more than you’ll need).
How does it work?
File merging doesn’t require sophisticated programs like optical capture recognition, and other advanced processing. It’s all about adding more pages to the existing document. Once you upload the first PDF, the preprocessing phase will begin to read the format and adjust margins. The same will happen when you upload the remaining files, which will be optimized to fit within the margins of the first document. Once all files are uploaded, you can rearrange how they’ll appear to ensure the final document is well organized.
Deleting and reordering pages
Those who look for how to combine PDF files often run into the problem of deleting some pages. If you are reconciling multiple documents into one, there’s a high chance some will have related or similar information. You can delete the redundant, dubious, and unwanted PDF pages before you merge them into a single file. Below are the three best options for deleting and reordering PDF pages.
- 2PDF Delete pages tool – This one speaks for itself. You simply upload a file and choose the pages you want to get rid of.
- 2PDF Organize pages tool – If you want to keep pages but put them in a different order, use the Organize PDF pages tool. You can arrange the pages in the sequence you wish by dragging and dropping their thumbnails.
- Split – Any merge process can be undone by the Split PDF tool. Upload the merged file and split it back in seconds.