Edit PDF Metadata
Change or remove metadata in PDFs files by using our online PDF metadata editor.
How To Edit PDF Metadata?
What is PDF metadata
Pdf metadata refers to information about the file’s name/title, date of creation/modification, author, application used to create the file and several other fields. For searchable PDF files, the metadata can contain additional information to describe the document and make it easier to search using web and standard PC tools. Adding metadata improves PDF Searchability and also provides basic details about the file’s origin and description.
Reasons to edit PDF meta
You can edit PDF metadata depending on what you want to achieve with the file. Some reasons are personal while others are a requirement. Here are three reasons for editing PDF file metadata.
- Provide Accurate Description – If your PDF file doesn’t have accurate description or enough information, editing metadata can add the missing bits. You can use a PDF editor to add, remove and edit the information.
- Improve Document Searchability – For searchable PDFs, you want to have enough information to make the document easy to search on the internet and local hard drives. Simply add the keywords to the metadata field.
- Integration and Content Management – Editing PDF metadata is essential for organization, especially when you want to integrate content management software to sort, search, and organize your PDF files
How to edit PDF metadata online
There are many ways to edit PDF metadata. You can use paid software and subscriptions or free tools. Some editors require a download and installation, while others offer an instant online service. 2PDF is one of the leading online PDF editors and doesn’t charge a fee. Here’s how to edit your PDF file metadata using 2PDF.
- Launch Edit Metadata Function – 2-df has many tools you can use to manipulate PDF pages and files. To edit metadata, visit 2PDF.com and select the function from the list of tools on the homepage. You can also click on ‘All tools’ and select edit metadata from the library.
- Upload PDF File – The function will open in a new page, where you can drag and drop your PDF file for editing. Simply click on ‘Choose file’ and select a PDF from your device or drag and drop the file on the provided space.
- Edit PDF File Metadata – Once the file is uploaded, you can delete, add and edit metadata fields at your discretion. If everything is perfect, click on ‘Update PDF Metadata’ then download your file when the update is complete.
Benefits of using 2PDF for managing PDF metadata
2PDF has many benefits and allows you to manage PDF metadata, pages, and files for free. Here are five top benefits of using 2PDF to manage your files metadata.
- Free Service – 2PDF is a free service you can use as many times as you want without paying a fee or subscription.
- 24/7 Service – You can manage your PDF files any time you want using your computer or mobile phone and no installation required.
- Easy Process – Simply launch the tool, upload your file and begin editing. You can then download the finished document to your phone.
- Online Service – 2PDF is a browser-based service you can use for instant PDF conversions, merging, splitting, extracting, rotating, metadata editing, and more.
How does it work?
2PDF works like any top-rated PDF editor, albeit online and at no cost. Once on the website, you can choose the PDF tool you want, which initiates the service. Next, upload your document and allow the algorithms to read its perimeters. You can then access the metadata fields and make necessary changes. When done, update the fields and the software will create a new file with the updated information.